Thursday 29 November 2012

How To Do A Plum/Gold Party Eye Tutorial

Hi everyone as promised, I am bringing you a step by step guide on how to do a plum and gold party eye. I have pictured each step for you and I hope it will be easy for you to follow. I have to add that I am not a professional makeup artist but have self taught myself and I hope I can inspire and give you the confidence to try these out for yourself. The main reason I started experimenting is because I couldn't justify the amount of money I had to pay out to makeup artists to do my makeup. You can create an expensive look with inexpensive products, you've just got to know how and where to apply them. Just take each step slowly and make sure you have a different brush for a each product because if your brush is overloaded with products you could end up with panda eyes, which we don't want. You can get really inexpensive brushes that do the job, I know Elf Cosmetics & Crown Brushes sell blending brushes that start from as little as £1.50!!

Lets get started.................................................................................





Step 1: Prime your eyes and then apply a cream based eyeshadow with your fingers over the eyelid just upto your crease, concentrate the colour more to the inner corner of your eye.  I used Maybelline Color Tattoo- Eternal Gold, Shade 5.









Step 2: Using a pencil in a plum colour, apply to half of your and wing it out slightly, this doesn't have to be neat at this point as we will blend it in the next step. I used a Illamasqua pencil in the colour Honour any pencil will do you could even use a lipliner.  











Step 3: Blend together both bases with a soft blending brush.






Step 4: with a clean brush add some deep plum eyeshadow over the top of the plum base you have just applied and blend it out slightly to soften the edges, this will intensify the colour. I used a lovely deep plum colour form my Sleek "Oh So Special Pallette". Do the same for the gold base and blend the two together. For the gold I used a gold from my NYX Bronze Smokey Look Kit. I used the one in the middle, really pigmented . 






Step 5: With the pencil plum  pencil take it under the eye and brush over it with a small brush just to soften it,then take the plum eyeshadow and run over it with a brush. Line your waterline in black and apply liner top lash line, winging it out .Apply false lashes and mascara to top and bottom lashes.








Step 6: This next step is optional, apply some glitter pigment powder over the top of the eye, this really brings out the gold. I used an Illamasqua pure pigment in the colour Beguile. This pigment is super glittery, I don't think the pictures actually do it justice but it is definitely a must have. Its really versatile because you can use it over any colour as it has loads of different shades of glitter in it. If you don't have this then don't worry, I know Barry M are doing some really nice ones at the moment. 
FINAL LOOK



I know the following picture is abit blurry but I really want you to see the amount of sparkle you get from the pigment.

I hope I have gave you clear instructions on how to create this look, I would love to hear from you and appreciate any feedback or comments. I hope I've gave you the confidence to sparkle at that party !!!

To keep up to date with my blogposts please like my facebook page "Cosmeticz Junkie" and follow me on Twittter @cosmeticzjunikie 

Have fun ladies xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment