Sunday 17 March 2013

A Step By Step Copper Smokey Eye Look

I recently posted some pictures on facebook & twitter of a smokey copper eye and got alot of response from it , so i thought I'd show you all how to do it. This is a dramatic heavy eye but can you believe it , you only need 3 products to achieve it !! I used a black base and placed my Barry M Dazzle Dust in Chocolate
(shade 53 ) over the top of it . The dazzle dust is an amazing product , super pigmented and really glistens  and the best thing is it only costs around £4.50. You can easily experiment with this look and use different colour pigments powders over the base. You can pick up these pigments from Superdrug and Boots, they've got a huge colour range !! You could even mix two colours together,now  let me show you the basics : 

Step 1: Use some sellotape to angle your eye and get the desired shape (scotch off on the back of you hand first before you apply it to your eye area ) using a black base , I used a Black gel liner , apply it up to your crease .


Step 2 : Blend it out over your crease .

Step 3: Use the pigment powder and place over the top of the black base .


Step 4: Blend the pigment over the eye and soften the edges , blending it into the black base.


Step 5: Line your top lash line with a gel liner , the sellotape will make application so easy .



Step 6: Remove the tape and you should be left with a crisp line :)


Step 7: Line the bottom lashline and connect it to the top lashline using the gel liner.


Step 8: Line the inside of your eye top & bottom and highlight the browbone with any shimmery gold eyeshadow you have , finally add lashes to complete the look . 

Final Look




This is a simple look to create with maximum effect !!

If you have any questions or feedback I would love to hear from you. Remember, to keep up to date with my latest posts and news, follow me on Twitter @cosmeticzjunkie and like my Facebook Page Cosmeticz Junkie. 











2 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing! I have a few of the Dazzle Dusts but never really know how to use them, I will definitely be trying them out with a gel liner underneath! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou , I will be experimenting with some more dazzle dusts , it's a nice way to get the full effect of the colour and easy too xx

      Delete