Tuesday 5 February 2013

How to Do A Black and Gold Glitter Smokey Eye

I recently bought some glitter from NYX cosmetics and thought I'd experiment with it a liitle, so I've created a smokey eye using the gold glitter to make the colour pop!! This look is perfect for Valentines which is fast approaching us or would look great on a night out, this glitter is really easy to use and adds so much sparkle to the look . Just to let you know the  products I use are just as a guide, if you have the colour in a different product then please feel free to use them. Here's what I did...............................................

Step 1:

I primed my eyes with a white Nyx base pot and then added a light matte brown to my socket , I used the colour Buck from my Urban Decay Naked Palette.










Step 2:

Using a darker shimmery brown go over the socket blending it in , I used the colour Darkhorse from my Naked palette, I also used a light pink shimmer (Virgin :Naked Palette) to highlight the browbone and blended it into the
brown. I layered and blended the brown and pink about twice .



















Step 3:

With a small brush draw a line to the outer V like shown in the picture, I used Creep which is glittery black and Gunmetal which is dark grey shimmer , from my Naked Palette.
With a blending brush begin to start to blend the V you have just applied, this will add the smokiness to the look .














Step 4:

Add a gold cream  to the eyelid and set it with a gold eyeshadow , I used an Illamasqua Liquid Metal Cream in the colour Electrum and went over it with Half baked from the Naked Palette.

I used a cream eye shadow for the gold base but you can use a pencil, or gel liner if you haven't got a cream . You could even use the Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Goldmine , which I have used in my other tutorial and swatched .






Step 5:

Now for the fun bit .... the glitter!!!

I used a glitter liner I had in a gold and brushed it over the gold eyeshadoe on my lid , whilst it was still wet , with a small brush I patted some of my NYX glitter over the top of it.

This is such a quick and easy way of applying the glitter, other methods use eyelash glue or you can get specially designed glue for the glitter but this way works fine . Blend some gold into the socket just so there aren't any harsh lines .


 
Step 6:

Clean away any glitter that has fallen around your eye with a wipe , and then line under your eyes with a balck liner. Smudge the line upwards and into your eyeshadow. Run some black eyeshadow to your lower lash line and blend it out to give that sexy, smokey look.





Step 7:

Line the top of your eyes with a gel liner in black and wing it out, also take the gel under the eye and blend  it in .

Line inside your eye top and bottom , I used my gel liner for this as it really intensifies the look .

I also went in with the black eyeshadow to the outer corner again but this is personal preference and depends on how smokey you like your look .



Step 8:

Add lashes and your done , ready to sparkle for your Valentine ;)






Here's some pics of the final look :


I know this picture is abit dark but I wanted you to see how much it does actually sparkle . 







I used a Glitter liner as base for the Glitter to stick , you can get these from everywhere now , it doesn't have to be anything expensive because you will be adding more glitter to it anyway . I used the Nyx Glitter Mania to enhance the the look , cost about £2.50. 

I appreciate any comments and feedback. Remember to like my facebook page Cosmeticz Junkie and also you can keep up to date with my blog posts on twitter @cosmeticzjunkie.










No comments:

Post a Comment