Monday 14 January 2013

A Step By Step Guide on How To Do A Gold and Green Eye

I am going to show you how to do Green and Gold eye tutorial . I often use bases in the same colour as the eyeshadow. A base can be anything from a soft pencil, gel liners to a cream eyeshadow. It can be anything you have in that colour, so if you don't have the base that I'm using but have something in a similar colour in different product then feel free to work with that . The main reason for applying a base, is that  firstly it will help your eyeshadow to stop creasing and last longer,it's also an easy way for you intensify and layer your eyeshadow up quickly . For this look you will need a dark green eyeshadow and a light green eyeshadow, I used one of my pallettes from ELF Cosmetics which has a few shades of green in it . I'm sure you'd be able to get hold of maybe a trio of colours or take a look at the MUA range as mentioned below, they're so cheap and have a wide range of colours. 

Step 1: Apply a Gold base all over your lid, I used my Maybelline Colour Tattoo.













Step 2 : Apply a dark green base to the outer corner of your lid. I used my MUA pencil in the colour Forest Green. These pencils are amazing quality, they're really soft and blend so easily. Can you believe that these pencils are available from Superdrugs for £1, yes your heard right a £1 and they even come with a sharpener!!!



















  Step 3 : Blend both the bases together 
Step 4 : Add a dark green over your green base you have applied. I used the pallete shown below , I applied the first two shades over my green base.



















Step 5: Using the the two lighter greens blend the green into the lid and blend it out above the crease, try to leave your inner corner free from the green colour as we will be highlighting this area. For the inner corner I used a gold from the L'oreal Infallible range in the shade Goldemine, apply to your inner corner and blend into the green .  Another colour you could use for blending the dark green into lid is another £1 bargain MUA , its the MUA eyeshadow in Shade 29.













Step 6: Line the top of your lashes winging it out, I used Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel liner. I also added abit of black eyeshadow to the outer corner and buffed it in to intensify the colour more.














 Step 6: Line your bottom lash line and your water     line and add lashes for that extra drama :)


Here is what your finished should look like. 






 Remember to like my page on Facebook to keep you  up to date with all my latest news or you can follow me on Twitter @cosmeticzjunkie . Have fun and just keep experimenting, I hope I can inspire you to go and try this out for yourself, if so I would love to hear from you. Practise does make perfect xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment