Sunday 27 January 2013

Illamasqua Pure Pigment Swatches and Review.



I have to say I have fallen in love with these pigments, the amount of glitter you get from these products is amazing .I know at few people haven't heard of Illamasqua but they are starting to become very popular , we have counter in Debenhams and I would say they are on par with Mac, they're products and shade range is amazing . I have swatched four shades and 3 of them I got in the Illamasqua sale for only £5 each, which is amazing value as they are normally £15.50 each . The glitter is really fine and doesn't feel chunky at all, application is really smooth. These pigments can be used with a damp brush which will intensify the colour , which I haven't tried yet but look out for my future tutorials as I will be experimenting with them . The pigments don't have to just be used as eyeshadows they are good as an highlighter for your cheeks and brows, blusher and even add it to your nail polish . I love using these pigments over a base colour as it makes the colour pop and adds so much more definition to the look also with using a base it gives the colour alot more longevity and something for the glitter to stick to. The light really reflects on these products and really does dazzles. The Beguile is the lightest colour I swatched and can be used over any colours as the glitter used in it is multicoloured and will suit any look making it the most versatile . The Zeitgeist is a lovely  black with flecks of silver , would really look nice over a smokey eye . The Android is a blueish , charcoal colour with multicolured flecks of glitter and sometimes looks purple, when worn over a blue or purple base the colour really intensifies. The Incite is warm, bronzy, gold colour, for some reason this one goes on more smoothly than the others and packs a lot punch with the colour , I really love this one . If you wanted to start collecting these colours I'd say the Beguile would be the colour to get first as you would get more use with it and can be used on a number of looks. I used Beguile on my plum & gold tutorial , take a look. I purchased my pigments from the Illamasqua website but get your orders in quick because the sale is due to end on the 29/01/2013. I'm sure once you have tried these you won't be dissapointed. Get them bought quick :)  



Please remember to share and like my Facebook Page , Cosmeticz Junkie and you can follow me on Twitter @cosmeticzjunkie.

1 comment:

  1. These pigments are so beautiful, I currently own three shades: Static, Ore and Feverent, by far the best pigments I have tried and this review makes me want more!
    http://voguebeach.blogspot.co.uk/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy4BMxDhHq69ZRzfll0SYwA/videos

    ReplyDelete